Halvdagstur med sightseeing i Aten
Watch out for Panathenaic Stadium — site of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896 — and then relax as your coach drives along Panepistimiou, home to Athens’ National Library.
After seeing the highlights of modern Athens, step back in time with a tour of the city’s past. See the Roman Temple of Olympian Zeus, and then stop at Athens’ crowning glory: the Acropolis of Athens. Built on a rocky hill towering above the city, the UNESCO World Heritage-listed acropolis comprises a cluster of ancient buildings that once collectively acted as a fortress. Each building was created to reflect the splendor and wealth of Athens during the 5th century.
Highlights of the acropolis include the famous Parthenon temple, Propylaea gateway and Temple of Athena Nike, a monument built to represent Athens’ ambition as the most powerful Greek city. After spending time at leisure at the acropolis, make your way back to the start point by coach.
Morning Tour plus Museum: (5 hours)
Upgrade from the morning tour to include an entrance ticket to Athens Acropolis Museum, and head inside the intriguing attraction after your tour finishes. Head inside to browse the museum’s artifacts and relics independently, and see statues from the Archaic period alongside some 4,000 other exhibits. The Parthenon Hall is also a highlight, and it complements your earlier visit to the temple with historical facts.
Your entrance ticket allows you to spend as long as you like inside the museum, however most people find two hours (after your 3.5-hour tour finishes) to be sufficient.
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fee to the Acropolis of Athens
- Entrance fee to Athens Acropolis Museum (only if option selected)
- Local taxes
- Free Wifi on the coach
- Free map of Athens
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Port or private apartment pickup are not available
- Due to time limitations this tour does not include entry to the Temple of Olympian Zeus
If you are not familiar with Athen's rich history ---- or even if you are and want a refresher course, I highly recommend this tour. Outside of the fact our tour guide picked us up from our hotel, was friendly and passionate --- this tour exceed all expectations. The knowledge of 3,000+ years of events that lead up to Athen's today was great. We had a fairly large group and I still felt that our guide gave each of us attention when it came to questions or follow-ups. I do recommend that you add the museum to your tour since there is so much to cover inside.
Our tour of Athens was insightful and exciting, and our amazing tour guide, Yota, did an excellent job. - Josh I had an incredibly memorable time in Athens. It has forever changed my perspective and mindset. The rich culture and history was breathtaking. Our tour guide, Yota, was incredibly brilliant and brought life to our tour. - Madi The tour was the definite highlight of the trip. We saw everything we wanted to, and were never shorted of information due to the wonderful Yota!
Takes you to see all the main highlights of Athens! Our tour guide (Dora) was very knowledgeable and informative. I didn’t particularly feel like any more picture stops were needed and I’m very much a picture person. Overall would definitely recommend if you’re visiting Athens for the first time!
The tour guide was informative and enthusiastic. It is a good thing we chose the morning tour as the Acropolis got to be so crowded when we were leaving. The only drawback was that I wished we could see some sights on foot vs. driving by and we spent quite a bit of time in traffic but thats to be expected.
The tour guides were so informative. Everyone was so nice and pleasant. The acropolis is something everyone must see when in Athens. The views of Athens are breathtaking. Definitely worth it!
1) The tour bus didn’t pick us up at our hotel as promised (our conceirge got us a rush taxi). 2) We stood around as a group for a long time and then sat on the bus for another long period of time before the tour starred. 3). it was a large group at the Acropolis with hundreds of other tourists and groups and we could not hear the tour guide. No headsets- just our guide trying to talk above the din of other groups. 4) The tour was advertised as 3.5 hour half day tour. However, after the long delays, the actual length of the tour was closer to 2.5 hours. 5) the tour guide was knowledgeable, but gave a general description and then a 45 minute “you’re on your own to explore”. In summaRyan, this was not what I thought we were paying for.
Good one but can do on own as well.
It was a great tour of Athens including the Acropolis and the Parthenon. Our guide was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic.
Our family enjoyed this tour. The guide was very knowledgeable and passionate about the city which made the sights much more interesting!