Cykeltur nedför Mount Wellington med avgång från Hobart
The winding mountain road takes you down to the foothills where you can choose to experience the thrill of the off-road section. Finish the 21 kilometer cycling trip after riding through the outer suburbs of South Hobart and Battery Point and complete the journey at Hobart's waterfront.
This Mount Wellington cycling tour is fun designed for all levels of fitness!
For the more adventurous amongst the group, there is an opportunity to let loose on approximately 5km of off-road riding. Those not interested in hitting the dirt trails, can happily roll down the hill with the support van behind and meet the group at the resting and snack spot around 20 minutes later. The whole group will then ride together into the city of Hobart. This trail goes via historic Battery Point and concludes in Salamanca Place on the waterfront of Hobart.
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Local guide
- Warm polar fleece jacket
- Rain jacket (if required)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children under 8 not permitted.
- For comfort and safety reasons, there is a strict minimum height requirement of 140cm
- What to wear: Long trousers are a good idea if it is looking chilly outside. Shorts are fine on warm days. If you are wearing long trousers, we will provide bands to protect them from the chain. Sneakers or walking shoes are the most comfortable footwear, you are not permitted to wear open-toed sandals or shoes with heels. Layers are the best way to go, t-shirt underneath, then long sleeve jumper and/or jacket. Bear in mind it will be colder at the summit and warmer at the bottom. Sunglasses are a great idea to protect your eyes. Pace: The speed of these trips is dictated by the guide. He or she will ride at the front of the group and control the speed. Several regrouping stops will allow those at the back to catch up and there will be plenty of opportunities for photos.
A great way to get to the top of Mt Wellington and ride back down as fast as a car without any effort. A few fire tracks and city street riding to add to the pleasure.
The trip was wonderful - a speedy descent of Mt Wellington - part road, part dirt track top half pretty fast/steep but easily achieved on the well maintained mountain bikes provided by someone with moderate cycling skills. Wonderful views and a great way to understand the layout of Hobart. The leader was a lot of fun and very helpful and knowledgeable.
This was really great enjoyed the tour great guide loved the bike ride Just thought they could have included a bottle of water after the tour which dosant cost much to supply and a nice end to the tour