Dagsresa till Litchfield National Park från Darwin
Your first stop is to see the magnetic and cathedral termite mounds that rise like pillars from the ground. Your guide will explain the different types of termites and point out which termite mounds are which.
Next stop is to Florence Falls where you come to a 135-step stairway that descends to the fantastic natural swimming hole surrounded by
monsoon forest. After spending some time swimming and taking in the beauty of Florence Falls. At midday, stop for a cold buffet lunch at the Litchfield Cafe and try some of their world-famous cheesecake.
After lunch return to your coach for a short drive to Wangi Falls. The falls flow year-round, pouring into a giant swimming hole flanked by rainforest. In the drier months, the pools are great for a swim. During the wet season, the currents can be too strong for safe swimming.
In the late afternoon continue to Tolmer Falls for great views of this stunning waterfall that cascades into a deep rock pool.
Next your tour will head out of Litchfiled National Park and back to Darwin. On the drive home your guide will talk about the traditional owners of this land, who are the Wagait Aboriginal people, many of whom live in the area.
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please bring sun protection, insect repellent, water bottle, swim wear and towel
- Please note: during the wet season your itinerary may differ slightly
My wife and I in our mid-30s took the bus down. Stopped at a few waterfalls, a cold buffet lunch, and had yummy Mango Cheesecake ($7 extra per person). No USB or Power Outlets on the bus as advertised. Our guide Mal was good and funny. Pick up was 715 and we were back in Darwin by 6. Not too bad of a day. We liked Litchfield more than Kakadu (although the yellow waters croc tour in Kakadu is awesome, the rest of the trip is too far for too little. Litchfield is much closer and quite nice).
Had a great time on the Tour. Our tour guide, Sandy was very knowledgeable. Very professional. Would recommend this trip to anyone visiting Darwin
Really enjoyed the tour to Litchfield National Park from the expert driver/guide right to the cool swims in the waterfall pools. Really couldn't fault anything on time with the pick up, great driver, excellent commentary along the way, easy instructions, scenery was great, fantastic waterfalls, cool swim spots, food was good too. highly recommend
Great day out with Deb who was an excellent guide and kept us all amused and interested on our journey. A very good lunch provided and after quite a long wet season the waterfalls were spectacular.