Endagskryssning från Bangkok till Damnoen Saduaks flytande marknader
Following a morning pickup from your Bangkok city hotel (except non refundable rate) meet your guide and travel out by air-conditioned coach to the Damnoen Saduak floating markets. Located a 2-hour drive southwest of Bangkok, the markets sit on a canal waterway created by King Rama IV in the 19th century to promote trade and development outside the capital. Today, they’re widely considered one of Bangkok’s top attractions and offer valuable insight into traditional Thai culture and traditions.
On arrival at Damnoen Saduak, hop aboard a long-tailed speedboat with your guide for an exciting ride through the marshes and stilt-houses to the markets. Once there, listen to a brief introduction from your guide and feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Marvel at the colorful fruits, vegetables, sweets, meats and souvenirs on display and take time to capture the market scenery on camera. Watch the traders and customers going about their daily business on this bustling and vibrant part of the canal, and perhaps purchase some fruit or souvenirs for yourself (own expense). Take a ride on a local boat (optional extra, payable locally) through the maze of traditional canoes and soak up the market atmosphere out on the water.
When your time at the Damnoen Saduak floating markets is up, cruise back to your coach and hop back aboard for the return journey to your Bangkok, where your tour will come to an end.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Long-tail boat ride to Damnoen Saduak floating market
- Paddle boat in the floating Market (only if option chosen)
- Include Hotel pickup and drop off if option chosen (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Coconut Sugar Farm
- Entry/Admission - Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
- Food and drinks
- Boat ride through the markets (optional extra, payable direct) unless option taken
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Please Note: the longtail boat ride to Damnoen Saduak Floating Market will be 20-30 minutes
- You will have approximately 2 hours to spend at the market. Please allow 6 hours for the whole day.
- For Option without hotel pickup: All guests must make their way to the Narai Hotel, 222 Silom Road Bangkok and meet at the Tour East Desk for 06:45 AM. Please be aware that the bus will leave at 07:00 AM.
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Infants seats are available upon request
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
The trip was exactly what we expected, especially because we had already been to this market back in 2007. The English fluency of the guide was a bit limited. However, when he could be understood, he showed good knowledge of what we were visiting. Definitely, worth a visit.
Had a fantastic trip to the floating market. Our tour guide was lovely, funny and knowledgable. We booked all out tours with Viator and they have been excellent. We will definitely use in the future.
Our tour guide with Tour East Thailand was difficult to understand but we managed to have a wonderful day viewing the coconut sugar processing and touring the floating markets. The street food at floating markets was outstanding.
We loved the floating market and would definitely go again. The shopping is great and we really enjoyed having lunch canal side and the coconut ice cream is to die for! The company itself weren’t great. They were half and hour late picking us up in a mini van to the. Be transferred to a large rickety smelly old coach. This then went straight past our hotel on the way out of Bangkok which was very frustrating considering we had sat in traffic for half an hour just to get to the big bus. The tour is interesting and we would definitely go again although on our own steam next time
It was nice to be on the water, it was cooling. Would not recommend boat bartering in the canal when you can stay onshore and go to each stall. This way you have more face to face bartering time. It was too hectic trying to do it in the canal.On the way back, our bus broke down twice. Not sure if it was a bad fuel pump, or ran out of diesel. Recommend asking if sufficiently tanked up before you go. It was a long hot, buggy wait by the road, otherwise. Despite all, our guide “Peter” was humorous, knowledgeable and entertaining.
Pickup was super early but in Bangkok you just have to do that to avoid traffic. It was all prompt and it was definitely easier to go with a tour group than try to do it yourself. The Damnoen Sadoek market was really good. Great experience of Thai culture
Great tour. Tourist trap but worth it. Watch out for the pythons can take pics with snakes.
This was a memorable and great tour.
It was a fun trip, the guide was great, could have skipped the orchid/coconut farm stop. There wasn't much there to see. I would have rather had that time at the market. It's worth it to take the smaller boat once you get off the long tail boat. You won't get the full experience of the floating market if you skip that. It's fun being in the middle of all the action, and the shopping is better. It's an early morning trip and you're back to your hotel before noon, so you still have plenty of time to see other sights.